The Home Show point system was implemented by the HBA board of directors in 2006 as a way to:
1) periodically refresh the look and layout of the HBA’s national award winning annual Home Show; and
2) to reward HBA members who are actively involved and engaged in their membership with the HBA.
Home Show points (which are used to determine order of booth space selection for the Home Show) are now accrued during a three year period. Every three years, these points return to zero and another accrual period begins. The current period of accrual started March 1, 2012 and goes through February 28, 2015.
Periodically, updated Home Show points standings will be published on SpringfieldHBA.com and in the HBA’s Housing News Weekly E-newsletter. For the final listing of the previous points accrual period (rankings used to determine order of home show booth selection for the 2012 show), click here (four-page pdf).
For the most recent Home Show point totals for the current accrual period (will be accrued through February 28, 2015, and used to determine order of Home Show booth selection for the 2016 show), click here (coming soon).
Questions about Home Show points should be directed to Charlyce Ruth at 417-881-3711.
The 2012-2015 accrual period allows 31 ways to earn a point. Nine (9) of those do not require any cash outlay. These opportunities include:
- Volunteering at the Home Show and/or the Home Remodeling EXPO,
- Offering a Parade discount,
- Being a builder that commits to the CBBT Advocacy program and attends all three events,
- Serving on a committee,
- Writing a blog post for the SpringfieldHBA.com,
- Donation to the HBACF Auction,
- Serving on the NAHB Board or HBA of Missouri Board, and
- Recruiting four new HBA members in a year.
Following is the complete list of ways HBA members can earn Home Show points:
- Participating in the Home Show
- Sponsoring the Home Show Pre Party
- Selling tickets/Volunteering to help at the Home Show
- Participating in the Remodeling EXPO
- Selling tickets/Volunteering to help at the Remodeling EXPO
- Having a Web Link
- Attending 50% of the dinner meetings
- Sponsoring a membership meeting
- Participating in the Parade of Homes
- Offering a discount to builders participating in the Parade of Homes
- Entering a team in the summer HBACF fundraising event (limit 1/year)
- Advertising in the annual Event Magazine
- Advertising in the weekly enews and/or quarterly printed newsletter
- Advertising in the annual directory
- Be a builder that commits to the CBBT Advocacy Program AND attending all three events
- Entry level Coalition for Building a Better Tomorrow (CBBT) donation of $100 or more
- Being a CBBT Advocacy Program Investor
- Making a donation to Build-PAC in any amount
- Serving on a committee
- Sponsoring a golf tournament (limit 1/year)
- Writing a blog post for SpringfieldHBA.com (limit 1/year)
- Attending an Education Event (limit 1/year)
- Participating in a golf tournament (limit 1/year)
- Participating in a fishing tournament (limit 1/year)
- Donating an item for the HBA Charitable Foundation auction
- Sponsoring the annual HBA Charitable Foundation Fundraising Event
- Serving on NAHB Board or HBA of Missouri Board of Directors
- Attending the annual Ozarks Regional Housing Conference
- Sponsoring the annual Ozarks Regional Housing Conference
- Recruiting four (4) new HBA members in one year
- Sponsoring a major event
If you have a suggestion for other ways to earn Home Show points, please contact the HBA office so the suggestion can be given to the Home Show committee for future consideration and inclusion.