The Springfield HBA has been a breath of fresh air compared to past experiences as an HBA member in larger markets. This organization and their people are truly helpful to their members. They are genuinely concerned for their members and continually provide educational programs keeping us abreast and updated with the issues in today’s challenging markets.
- Home Show Pre-party
- Spring and Fall Golf Tournaments
- Spring and Fall Fishing Tournaments
- Clay Shooting
- Belt Sander Races
- Christmas Banquet (for members and guests)
- Ozarks Regional Housing Conference
- Quarterly Membership Networking Meetings
- Educational Seminars
- Fall Construction Forecast
- Auction and Go Kart Races
- Regulatory Advocacy – Includes working with regulatory staff for positive change…
- Legislative Advocacy – Includes working with elected officials to change, defeat or adopt laws or ordinances…
- Political Advocacy – Consists of effectively advocating in the electoral process to help elect…
- Legal Advocacy – When an unfavorable or abusive law or enforcement method must be challenged…
- Home Show – Annual event where members display their work and enjoy the opportunity to interact with the public as well as other HBA members. Members can further their knowledge by attending seminars or participate by instruction a siminar of their own that is approved by the Home Show Committee consisting of HBA Builder, Remodeler and Associate Members. (Last weekend in January)
- Home Remodeling EXPO – Much like the Home Show except the focus is on Remodeling Members. HBA Members display their work, interact with the public and participate in seminars.(last weekend in October)
- Parade of Homes – A public tour of homes built or remodeled by outstanding HBA members. This event is spread out over Greene and surrounding counties making for the HBA of Greater Springfield’s largest display of workmanship by Builder and Remodeler Members. (last two full weekends in June)
Are you already a social media junkie? Do you tweet your facebook to tell your youtube to get linkedin? If that made any sense at all to you, you can probably skip the tutorial and just go right to the HBA’s social networks by using the icons at the top of the column to the right! But if you’re here to learn what all the fuss is about, then by all means, read on! Social networking is everywhere. Even this site, the new SpringfieldHBA.com, is built to be a fully functioning social networking tool for those who choose to use it that way. You can leave comments and engage in online discussions about virtually anything you see on this site. There are thousands of web portals out there to accomodate online social networking. And everyone has their favorites. The HBA of Greater Springfield is recognized nationwide as an association on the leading edge of this burgeoning trend (we were even featured in Nation’s Building News as early as 2009 on the subject). Your HBA’s social networking universe centers around three sites: Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin. We also use a Youtube Channel to house HBA videos and a Flickr account to keep and organize HBA photos, but those are primarily media managers, not what we consider true social media. Interested so far? Read on…
As a member of the HBA of Greater Springfield you can take advantage of numerous discounts through the National Association of Home Builders (www.nahb.org) and through the National Purchasing Program (www.mynpp.com). Many of our members including the HBA office are already saving time and money through these programs. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are just a few of the advertising opportunities that only HBA Members can utilize:
- HBA Event Magazine (distributed at the Home Show, Parade of Homes and Home Remodeling EXPO)
- Website Advertising (from the home page banner member ad and featured member ads to web links on the HBA iFINDAPRO)
- HBA Housing NEWS Quarterly
- HBA Housing e-NEWS Weekly
- HBA Consumer e-NEWS Weekly
- Membership Directory
- Website Development
See our Member Marketing Tools below for details.
If you have not used the HBA iFINDAPRO you should give it a test drive right now. The HBA iFINDAPRO is the most frequented page on SpringfieldHBA.com and growing. If you want to find an HBA Member that is in some way tied into the home building industry you should start here. Many members are finding that a good portion of their web traffic is originating from SpringfieldHBA.com and more specifically iFINDAPRO.
Because of my listing on the HBA iFINDAPRO membership search and a Banner Ad on the home page my web traffic increased significantly. My statistics showed that approximately 25% of my web traffic is currently originating from SpringfieldHBA.com.
Since I have joined the HBA, I’ve gotten many referrals that have led to other jobs. By going to classes put on by the HBA, I’ve learned new ways to protect my company. THANK YOU HBA.
-M & M Landscaping – Bill Mooneyham
As a younger builder, I have found the HBA has given me added legitimacy/credibility that customers are looking for in this time when things are slow and more competitive. Additionally, the HBA has provided many educational experiences within the building industry that have furthered my knowledge in home building construction. This has been a great asset to my business.